Monday, February 11, 2013

Overwhelmed, Yet Encouraged....

Lately the days have been long & hard...
 
I find myself getting so overwhelmed and on my last string when it comes to my children and that makes my heart so sad, but God is so good to answer my prayers and encourage my heart exactly when I need it.
 
I started reading some good parenting books and need to get back into them to help me keep focus on the big picture and not the here and now of disobeying, fussing, and whining and all the things that can make the days seem SO long.
 
One book I've just started and has been an encouraging read so far is Sally Clarkson's The Minstry of Motherhood. I can't wait to get more into it and seek some of her wisdom! :-) I may write a book review when I'm finished up!
(Source)
 
I also am more than halfway through The New Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson & this book has been such a blessing to me. I have a strong willed, yet sweet & funny little girl, but we can battle it out sometimes. This book gives such great examples and situations and give insight on how others have gotten through them.
 
 
I am also SO, SO excited because I just decided yesterday to go to a fun Mom's conference in Dallas called Dot Mom put on my Lifeway! It is going to be a great 2 days to get encouraged and refreshed. I'm going with my best friend and we are so excited to just get away, have a fun girl's weekend, & be refreshed by the Lord on learning how to be better momma's! :-)
 
 
Can't wait to blog all about what I learn! Are any readers out there going to Dot mom or having any great parenting books that have really helped you along the way?
 
Can't wait to hear your feedback! :-)
 


3 comments:

  1. I read the first Strong Willed Child,(many yrs ago,lol) by Dr. Dobson.. helped me alot..My son is 34 and a good man,daddy and husband.. he was time consuming but ya know what..it was worth it,, he was worth it. We are close and grandbaby #4 is on the way !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi friend! i recently read desperate: hope for the mom who needs to breathe by sarah mae (sarahmae.com) and it really, really helped. i'm newly home with FOUR of mine and I feel like I'm barely containing the chaos on a minute to minute basis...and that all those aspirations I used to have to be a writer and creative are useless. but the book helped me a whole, whole bunch.

    Keep your chin up and onward through the fog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a blessing that books are written that can help us through hardships. I hope you get the knowledge and encouragement you need for your kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley